|1. Read the website to make sure
2. If you have any questions before you want to fill out
the application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Read all of the forms/information
prior to the adoption.
4. Once you have read all of the required information
please fill out adoption application and submit it to
5. Board members will review your application.
6. You will be contacted within 1 - 2 weeks to let you
know if we feel we have an adoptable bird that would be
a good match for you. You are more than welcome to put
the name of a specific bird on the application; however,
that doesn't mean we will only call concerning that bird.
Another bird might be a better match.
7. Please do NOT call the Haven to check on the
process. If you have not heard back from us within 1-2
weeks, feel free to EMAIL US at:
to check on your application status.
8. When we are ready to go further with a specific adoption
we will contact you to set up a phone consultation.
9. Once the phone consultation is complete, if you are
still eligible for the adoption we will schedule a time
for the in-home visit.
10. After the in-home visit is complete, you might be
asked to set an appointment to visit the Haven and meet
the bird you are hoping to adopt. We might need to have
you come more than once to allow a bird to become familiar
11. Once we are sure that you and the bird are a good
match for each other you will be allowed to come to the
Haven to complete the adoption process.
12. We recommend that you also read "The
Bird Owner's Manual"
by Emily Strong (free download from her
*Just remember: we do what we do for the benefit of
the birds, not for the people seeking to adopt them.
Please don't ask or expect us to do anything less than
Wings of Love Bird Haven, Inc. may from time to time
offer post-adoption education, training and counseling
to the new owner. We also suggest that each new adoptive
parent seeks different types of training classes that
might be available to him/her. Companies such as Good
Bird Inc offers some very good DVD's and books for in-home
training as well. We require each new adoptive parent
to agree to allow Wings of Love Bird Haven, Inc. to
remain in contact (including home checks if desired)
for three full years. We also provide information and
updates to the previous owner upon request.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this
process you can email at email@example.com.